Sunday, September 21, 2008

cure all

more and more leaves fall on top of my car with the weight of the morning dew
the chill in the morning is progressively biting away at my toes
weekends bring friends-bring hamms-bring good times
childlike board games burn away the nights wick
our apartment leaks of laughter and holds the people that matter
friends bridge the distance between my family and i
we walk to no specific place at all as long as their will be room for us all
the times between friends have become minimal
i am fulfilling my hospitable purpose with those who wish to partake
differences amongst us have taken the back-seat and are noted with respect
the snooze button has lost its appeal to the early possibilities of the day
portland is golden




2 comments:

pedronegro said...

when did you become such a great writer? I think I am just going to have you write my blogs from now on and I can tell you a subject to write about.

Kim said...

that was an amazing post. I agree with Peter. Mine seem very blase' compared to yours.