Wednesday, August 6, 2008

weirdness vs. quirky

once you start to get to know me there are some pretty weird things in life that i notice and drive me bonkers. most people would think of me as crazy if i tried to explain these factors of life and for some reason i feel compelled to do just that:
  • hot feet syndrome: tonight after a lovely dinner with team coverdale (who will soon be team portland) i was walking around downtown and discussing how in hot weather- my feet heat up faster then anything else on my body. sometimes all i can think about is how hot my feet are and all i want to do is get in a pool as soon as possible. the heat consumes me and then becomes a rage!!! yes, i know- quite strange!
  • bones: i have this extreme dislike of feeling bones, most times even seeing bones (only the kind of bones when you see a super skinny girl and her hip bone sticks out a few inches over her jeans). however, it is only if they are under flesh! i looove anatomy, and if i had enough money i would go to the human body exhibit in turtle bay right now. i love dissecting, and i don't mind eating chicken legs. it is just this disgust with bones covered by flesh?!? when i put my hands to my sides and they brush against my hips...i freak out. or when peter tickles me and hits one of my ribs- i instantly squeal. sometimes i can mentally imagine my toes squeezed together in my shoes and i freak out at the thought of my joints rubbing together. i can handle blood and guts but when people have injuries where there broken arm is poking out of their skin... there is no way i can cope with that.
  • communication majors in college: i dunno why, but i immediately judge you.  just being honest here folks.
  • flip flops: it may be because i live in california, and for some reason they are excepted as the shoe for all occasions. but i feel as if flip flops are an accident waiting to happen. wether it be walking down the street and getting it caught in crack, tripping, stubbing your toe and it bleeding all the way back home. or when you have a flip flop blow it in the middle of the grocery store. now what? you have to either leave your cart half full in the middle of the aisle, or limp along and and try to make it a little less discreet then it actually is. then there are the days you where them to the pool, you get home after a long day and oh goody you have a great flip flop sunburn that will stay with you the rest if the summer no matter how many times you lay out and try and fix it. 
  • bachelorette parties: i have yet to go to one that is actually fun. i believe that it was girls response to the guys rebellion. every single one i have ever gone to was a good way to spend an evening, but you also spend the whole night wishing the guys would show up at some point. haven't you noticed that guys will talk about a specific bachelor party for many years to come. i have never talked about a bachelorette party, not even the next day. someone please, prove me wrong and have a great one!
so now you know a little more how this lady ticks. some people may call me a pessimist but i would like to call myself a realist.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Loving learning more about how you tick Lauren.

I have never been to a bachelorette party but I can imagine how lame they would be~ I will agree with you on that one!

Curtis said...

Very insightful. I like the fact that you don't like communication majors for no reason. I would agree with flip flops as an accident waiting to happen.

amy coverdale said...

lauren. my feet were SO hot last night after we got home from carnegies... i doused them with my pe peppermint foot spray :) they're hot even now as I type..but its freakin' hot outside too. . *bleh*... too bad you didn't come to my bachelorette party...well, you were kind of there. at the black sheep :) mainly the good funny parts are about how someone drank too much or the other one making out at the bar with a strange guy.. :) communication majors..hhmm, interesting. maybe it's b/c its kind of a BS degree... :) i mean, what DO they do anyway?