Sunday, July 27, 2008

the search begins

As most of you are aware we have been planning our move to Portland for awhile now. Well Friday morning I woke in a panic and felt so moved to actually commit to moving...well...NOW! So it was decided over a breakfast of pancakes, that we would spend our day off looking for apartments and jobs.

I don't know if you have ever decided to move to a completely new state and huge city, but it is one hell of a job trying to make huge decisions over the internet! Hours and hours of scrolling through craigslist and google, looking at your possible next life through a window that is about 3 in. wide. It's rough. However, I highly recommend use of a great and trustworthy friend like our dear little Jambo. He has been a great help and able to say 'yeah' or 'nay'. So all day on Friday, and all evening I have been like Pig Pen over here at this desk. I feel like there is about a million little pieces of paper with all kinds of notes and side notes just stabbing away at this new little adventure of ours.

Peter is a champion and has decided to take with him his current distaste of working at Starbucks and re-live it a our new city. That was his whole intention of taking the job in Redding in the first place. Once we get settled in after a few months, he wants to spread his wings and hopefully look for elsewhere. Maybe Peets... but wouldn't it be so nice if he could find a bike shop? I would love to see him somewhere that feeds his desire. 

Through a few phone calls and emails, Steve (the greatest, and bestest) has been able to make a connection for me. And this Friday I have an interview at a most beloved boutique that I have once visited and fell in love. Who new I would be so lucky to have even a shot? We will see. Please keep us in your prayers as this transition will be bittersweet.

2 comments:

amy coverdale said...

Portland will be lucky to have you. seriously... you guys will be missed like crazy down here but I know God will be with you in the move and your new life. Hopefully team coverdale won't be too far behind :) I love you Lauren!

Kim said...

Welcome to blogging and thanks for sharing what is happening with you. We will be praying on Friday, even though we will miss seeing you at the Well every Sunday and at family dinner from time to time.
This is an exciting time for you! Enjoy the adventure!