Saturday, July 26, 2008

coffee and dreams

Today I was reading at Sue's and I was overwhelmed with a sense of peace. However, not by any one thing I had just read, and it wasn't a certain memory or thought at all. I have had this same tingly peace a few times while daydreaming. I do not know what causes it or how it happens. But it does. I'm sure I read a certain line in the book that makes me glance away to think of the authors intention and it fires some memory,  which then leads me to a question, a theory, and then an argument, a second theory, and all of a sudden... the tingly peace. I am fully conscious that I am experiencing whatever it is that I am experiencing. This peace is full of... contentment? I feel so in love, so happy where I am in life, so safe, so full. I don't need any questions answered, not because I feel I have all the answers, but because I don't care to know the answers. I feel I am as I am supposed to be. There is nothing you could add to me that would make me a better version of myself, yetI know that moment I am far from perfection. And as I am sitting, relishing in this peace...I know it will come to an end. It has to for me to experience it again. For if I lived in this daydream it would  not quite be a dream, only a state. And I believe that a state of being is self-attainable.

I like that this sensation comes to visit only so often, and that it is not accessible by anything I may try. And when I snap out of this dream, I wonder; was that what people call a blessing? Is that what being blessed feels like? I only ask because although I look at many things in my life and call them blessings, I can't help but wonder what is the "feeling" of a blessing.

I know this sounds weird. But it is completely subjective, and thats what blogging is for right?

2 comments:

Nate said...

I kind of get what you're saying. most the time for me those moments of contentment are very short lived.
I've been going to this church that my sister goes to.
http://www.vbflv.org/
It's been very good for me to get to church and kind of clean up my life.

rosie said...

lauren
i'm sooo glad you are blogging! we all are soo far apart, it is a good little glimpse into eachothers lives. i'm excited you and peter are headed to portland, joey does well with you two. i hope to follow soon. love.