Monday, November 3, 2008

efforts

man alive.
this was my first time voting, and boy i had no idea the extent of what i signed up for.
(although i am very VERY thankful for opportunity to engage).
i try and stay away from all media around election time as to not sway my opinions.
so this morning when i was reading the voters pamphlet was the first time i heard of any of these proposed bills and such.
it took me three hours to educate myself on such matters.
i don't know if there was a faster way to do this, but i didn't get the memo.
all in all, i am pleased with each decision...except...
the presidential vote.
but, alas, i made a choice.
for better or worse- i shall stand for my vote.
come four years down the road, i will be the first to say if i made a bad decision or not.
but all i could do was make a choice on the smorgasbord of information i have consumed.
debates, articles, blogs, opinions, and morals all played their role in my choice.
we shall see...

No comments: