Sunday, December 21, 2008

white noise

it is dark and the sky is made up of twinkling flakes that know not where they land
downtown the buildings have grown legs and take a few steps back
they make way for the silver lined streets to shine in all their glory
i have traded places with the bustling cars and instead it is me who passes the abandoned transports on the side of the road
my pronounced strides are thoughtfully executed and i smile while i sink into that which we cannot control
there is something about this beautiful mess
what was once bitterness towards the lack of hours spent working
has now morphed into a sigh of great relief
He has decided to sprinkle us with this blessing
it is He who knows what this means for me and my house
and it is Him who has provided
and it is Him who always will
i laugh at the thought of control
as i carve my way to the bus stop i think;
here is this beautiful city- so well thought out
yet we come to the season unprepared and empty handed.
we fell short.
and when i accept my inability to hold up all the strings in life.
there is a peace thats tingles in my chest and brings blood to my snow kissed cheeks.

2 comments:

tee said...

that was beautiful. miss you guys

d. vanheule said...

sorry lauren. that was me who commented above. i was still signed into my room mates blog.