Wednesday, December 17, 2008

snow days

the childlike anticipation of the possibility of having your day at work canceled because of the snow has come into a reality for the last four days now. portland has now been one big block of ice since sunday and i am undecided on my scale of approval. i spend my days overcaffinated and nights seem to end with peter and i pacing around the house like the energizer bunny. there is no better time of the year to spend in doors, however...it has created several dichotomies;

to enjoy my days off
or to be anxious about rent due in a few days (with no money to pay it)

to spend this extra time on projects around the house
or finding more and more things i "need" money to fix

reading for enjoyment
or playing papi all day long on my phone

seizing the moment and walking around in the picture perfect snow
or staying indoors and watching christmas movies

my abundance of time has resulted in a facebook account, making some awesome dinners (such as parmesan crusted chicken with a garlic butter sauce over penne), writing a christmas letter, going to ikea and obviously "having" to buy a few innovations that will make life that much better! so if you have any craft ideas, recipes, or some awesome mind blowing website, PLEASE pass it on to me...

2 comments:

rosie said...

Lauren! My address is: 8350 W. Desert Inn Rd #1038 Las Vegas, NV 89117.

I say take it easy and don't put any expectation on yourself during snow days...after all there's a special enjoyment in something that is completly out of your control...like the weather. miss you guys

Lindsey Tyler said...

With all the many pictures you and peter take, I would recommend picking up scrap booking. It can become quite fun and be actually really cheap. Plus, it can take up a bunch of time if your bored. I'm in the process of making Carter's and it's going to be great. Miss you guys and enjoy the snow!