Monday, December 1, 2008

"the season of love is here"

sinatra and i are baking some cookies on this chilly day.
our first christmas in a big city with just peter and i.
our very own thumbprint will mark this holiday.
limit it to just one day- i don't think so!
i will spend this month baking cookies, my peppermint bark, and maybe a recipe you yourself will share with me.
maybe a holiday favorite that will become a new one for me!

there is no way to kick off this giving season then with spending thanksgiving with the ones that matter.
it was a huge hit up here in portland.
we started the morning with some mimosas and cinnamon rolls and kept our bellies warm with wine as we indulged in such a glorious meal.

and now on this first of december i plan to fill my house with my friends and family, some Elvis christmas, and host many a dinner seated around the christmas tree i plan on setting up tonight!

merry chistmas to all.

and no it's not to soon in my opinion.

4 comments:

Allison said...

i would say you should make my rasberry jam strips,but i bet peter still couldn't eat any. i'm surprised you don't have a rachel ray holiday cookbook! p.s. do you ever watch 'big love'?

Kim said...

Never too early to start the Christmas spirit! Glad that your Thanksgiving was such a huge success as well!

I remember your delicious peppermint bark!

Joel said...

I've been into Sinatra too, lately. I've been trying to incorporate some Sinatra into my life-steez.

ashypowpow said...

Ooooh, I am excited about the pending Xmas party! I hope you're still doing it. It will be glorious, I can forsee it. And I totally want to bake with you.