Tuesday, November 18, 2008

thanks(for)giving!


i am so thrilled to be hosting thanksgiving for the third year in a row!
(with the help of joey and his big purple barn of course!)
peter's family will all be heading to portland in 2 weeks...
so far it's a list of 17!
as i have mentioned, and most of you know-entertaining is my hobby.
i thrive on cooking and especially for a group of friends.
i love it all-
planning the menu
grocery shopping
cleaning
using all my beautiful cooking utensils and serving dishes
i love presentation
and of course trying all the yummyiness!

my menu thus far:

APPETIZERS
pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
bacon wrapped shrimp
veggies with feta dip

DINNER
turkey (duh)
steak (because peter hates turkey)
twice baked potatoes
garlic bacon green beans
yams or sweet potatoes of some sort (hopefully the ones pictured)
cheesy biscuits
fruit salad
stuffing (joey's request)

DESSERT
rasberry tiramusu
apple lattice pie
pumpkin cheesecake

DRINKS
champagne with cranberry syrup

i will say that several of these recipes are compliments of hope jensen.
man do i miss her cooking 'class'.
i cannot wait!

i would like to hear what you all are having...
your favorite dishes...
and any suggestions...

5 comments:

amy coverdale said...

I don't know Lauren-but it looks like you pretty much got this one nailed! :) How in the world are you going to do all of this! Sheesh!! :) I'll still call you tomorrow even though I think you're good..:)

noah! said...

i'll be having cold pizza and keystone with my eleven cats *wink*

Joel said...

We're throwing a Thanksgiving bash at our apartment this Sunday for our Russian friends. My roommate has been scouring the city for the last two days looking for turkey. And last night, success! I opened up the fridge this morning and I see Thanksgiving fare slowly becoming stockpiled in our house.

David Nishizaki said...

I can ask my grandpa for his green beans recipe if you want...?

nina said...

brie en croute is the appetizer i am always required to make for thanksgiving. your menu sounds amazing! i am inspired. and hungry.