Saturday, December 6, 2008

'an old fashioned christmas'

yep, that title is another christmas song.
get used to it.
i am probably the biggest fan of christmas you will meet.
ok, maybe not.
i once worked with a lady who had over 7 trees in 3 different rooms in her house with 7 different themes.
and she even converted her garage into a room of different nativity scenes and trains- the kicker was she kept it up year around!!!
but let me tell you, i think that was the most christmas spirit i have ever witnessed.
and i loved every moment of that.
i don't see myself ever being that crazy...
then again i wouldn't mind having a few different trees.
i can tell already that i am going to be one of those crazy moms that doesn't let the kids decorate the big tree.
and instead i will buy them a separate tree so they can put all their crafty 'precious' ornaments on their own-probably clustered in one spot towards the bottom of the tree. cause thats the best way of course!
i really will be a good mom. i promise....
as long as i can make my own batch of frosted sugar cookies, you know without all those fingerprints...
ok, so i may be a little christmas crazy.
but for now here is a small pic of my tree.
all the ornaments or gold, or variations there of.
i picked it a few years ago with the intention that i wouldn't get sick of it. 
and so far i haven't.
i add a few every year. good times.
you give me a red ornament... your going on the back of the tree.

3 comments:

amy coverdale said...

i love your fancy ornaments lauren.
hung out with your sis last night at the parade then down at the squire.. . made me realize how stinking much I miss you guys. hope all is well.

lindsay anne said...

I am christmas crazy too! And I have pink, teal, and silver ornaments (all vintage) and I totally know what you mean about getting ornaments as gifts...they just never match my three 'theme'. I want to see your tree! and you need to see mine! Come over this week, please.

Kim said...

Love the pics of your tree. Glad you are "getting into the spirit of things". We missed you at the Light Parade last night but Preston's band was the best, just like last year! :-)