Saturday, October 18, 2008

10 signs of getting older

1. changing your email address: i had to re-do my resume this year and i was tired (ie. embarrassed) of the cutesy email address i have had since i was 14. 

2. no more forever 21: i can't do it anymore. i used to be able to frivolously spend 80 bucks and walk out w
ith tons of jewelry, tops, leggings, jeans, hand bags, sunglasses, i think they even had babies on sale once. i have whittled down my wardrobe to a some key pieces and i find i just want a few (more spendy) pieces each season.

3. i am offended by youth cussing up a storm in front of children: i will never forget when my mom scolded some teenagers for cussing in front of me when i was a wee tot. sooo embarrassed. and now...i find myself wanting to tell them to shut up. gosh, i AM getting old.

4. i get up earlier then i need to: i no longer sleep til the very last minute, roll out of bed, and drive to work. i crave the time in the mornings to listen to a few great tunes, read a tale or two, and consciously pack some healthy treats for work.

5. i like the dankso clogs and more and more i think about buying them. not cute AT ALL but i do work retail...is that an excuse?
6. eleven is my bed time: now this doesn't mean i do not enjoy going out and having a few beers, but i just enjoy doing it earlier in the day. i find at shows, my back hurts, my feet hurt, and i enjoy them just as much sitting in the back of the venue. (except for dr. dog of course)

7. i like gold, silver, and gems: and i what i mean by this is i enjoy real jewelry instead of the costumey jewelry. not that i can afford it, but i see how much more timeless it is. 

8. mid career crisis: see last post

9. i like buying and receiving house things: i get excited about a new gadget for the kitchen or new nick nack for the living room. i remember my mom telling me one day, i too would want plates for christmas instead of toys. i didn't believe it. 

10. wrinkles: i think i saw some this morning= no more sunning for me.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I like the clogs. Must be my advanced age...ha ha.

And if you are old Lauren then I'm ancient!

Allison said...

yeah right. there is no way you have wrinkles. unlike me...wrinkles mcgee over here. well, you convinced me with our last conversation to start blogging again. darn you.

d. vanheule said...

hahaha i loved the cussing kids one. i have totally caught myself in that role of being offended and looking around like "isn't anybody else noticing this?"

rosie said...

buy the clogs.
i'm getting Crocs for the hospital, there I said it.
orthopedic beats cool any day of the week.
miss you.

lindsay anne said...

Nich totally is a clogs nerd. He has 3 pairs. You just wait, they are his winter shoes, he'll bust them out any day. I, however, cannot get into it. Not yet. I'm not that old.