Thursday, January 29, 2009

weird little girl...

ok, what i am about to say may make me sound like a lunatic, but i have to explain these interactions that keep repeating themselves. and at the end of it, i would love if someone would tell me that i am not crazy, and that someone else knows what i am talking about.

there is a certain type of parent(s) that are in charge of this certain type of child, usually a girl, who drive me up the wall.
these parents are usually older, seemingly older to have a child this young.
the child is usually around 8 to 12.
but speaks far more eloquently then one would expect.
'implying' the greater intelligence of this certain child.
usually the child is participating in some unruly action; climbing on merchandise in a shopping center, sitting in a grocery cart and noisily banging, trying to run but still holding their mothers hand creating their parent to follow them around... or even sitting in the middle of the aisle or store so everyone has to walk around them....
and these parents let their 'intelligent' children speak however and whenever - no matter how awkward the conversation is getting.
and this may be totally out of line...
but because these children have said rude and inappropriate things to me i will speak my mind...
i feel that these parents feel that they are so lucky to have a chance at parenting... and even more lucky to have such a gifted child (damn those gate kids) that they think...
 'oh how cute, my child is so curiously brave to talk to a stranger this way- nice going for thinking outside the box, honey! yes, its fine to cross this strangers social boundaries, after all they set them there, don't conform to their norms'
well i have news for you "oh so lucky parents"...
your kid is weird and will always be weird and just because they know about space time continuums does not mean that they can talk to me.
your kid is not cute and is usually dressed funny with uncombed hair and it does not look 'creative' it looks WIERD! 

4 comments:

Lindsey Tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Tyler said...

I have to completely agree with you. Those kids are just weird, obnoxious, and annoying! Please tell me if Carter is EVER like that. :)

Nancypants said...

I'm laughing way too hard to leave a decent comment right now. This is a hilarious rant Lauren. More of those in the future please...

Kim said...

I agree Lauren that is very annoying. I always kept my children under my thumb of oppression. Polite goes a lot farther than "gifted" any day.