Wednesday, January 21, 2009

california is missed for more reasons then one

dear garlic; gilroy has you all beat. i have noticed that when buying garlic up here it is not nearly as fresh. it usually has those green things growing out of it already. boo. and all produce for that matter is also not as fresh or abundant. we live next to safeway and so thats where we do a majority of our shopping and no matter what dish i am making there is usually one of the fresh ingredents missing? who ever thought that safeway would have a few days that they don't have cilantro... or a red onion. and then it hit me! i have grown up in an agricultural phenomenon my whole life. i could get whatever, whenever i needed it. (food maxx is the exception). 

1 comment:

Kim said...

That a store wouldn't have cilantro or red onion seems wildly impossible to me. I guess I've been spoiled here in the "golden state" as well. I will think about it next time.